Friday, January 14, 2011

Sample Donation Letters Music



OK, this is a personal blog so this post is personal but not about technology. There will be an entry where I tell what my five favorite songs.

The first by far is "Rescue Me" sung by Fontella Bass. It knows more than most version, almost identical, Aretha Franklin. But even though Aretha is my favorite singer I prefer the original version. This song has but not me out of the most depressed, although the letter is actually a sort of cry for help.



At number two is "My Way" sung by "The Voice", yes, Frank Sinatra. I like this song a lot. The letter makes me think and I would like the end of my life could be so sure of what I did as Franky. All of a will. A cry of "I removed it vailao" and "this is me and my circumstances."



At number three is "It's my life" by Bon Jovi. This song came into my repertoire not long ago by a friend and me is to remember that life has surprises and worth living, but the meaning of the letter is not that. Complicadilla was once where I had very worn "Rescue Me" and this friend lent me this song. Later I learned that John Bon Jovi is one of my wife's favorite artists, so hunky-dory.



Fourth is "Girl from Ipanema by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes. This song, which repeatedly has been little less than elevator music, I find it very inspiring. It is impossible not to see a beach in my mind as I listen. The story is known. Jobim and Vinicius were sitting one day near the beach and saw his friend pass Helo Pinheiro and inspired them the letter. Bosa Nova is my favorite, by far, despite being too popular as I say.



In the fifth place I put a song in English so they do not accuse me of anything. I was born in 67 so my earliest childhood was marked by what was heard on the radio, and until 1973 when he died in a traffic accident, King was Nino Bravo. I turned to him and more to recognize that he had a bozarrón and his themes were impressive. My favorite is "the party" in some places listed as "A kiss and a flower."



And these are my favorite songs. You can comment with yours. These are very personal.

By the way ... if he had not wanted to be as hopelessly politically correct and added Nino Bravo had put at number five "Is not No Montain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell. At the time they recorded this video were a couple very much in love and you can tell. Then the story of Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell is pretty terrible. She in 1967 (the year I was born) was diagnosed with a brain tumor, actually fell into the arms of Marvin in full action. He died in 1970 (three days before the birth of my brother) after battling cancer with eight operations and a great physical and mental deterioration. Such was the desperation of Marvin lost his beloved who retired for years in a brutal depression.


0 comments:

Post a Comment