Monday, January 10, 2011

Tgay Truth Or Dare Game Online

Buy, pull, purchase

Through Twitter I got the news from Engadget a documentary on TVE 2 that happened last night called "Buy, pull, buy." The film is about the concept of planned obsolescence.

Thanks to the excellent implementation of RTVE's website on film can be seen even if you lose a live. You can access these addresses and look for the documentary. Worth seeing.

If you have an iPad can see it here under "Programs"

If you go from your PC look for it in this other page

What is planned obsolescence? Basically is that the products come with an expiration date to be spoiled in a given time. In the documentary show several examples such as incandescent bulbs that lasted 1,000 hours or if the related documentary begins with inkjet printers.

For those coincidences of life, the weekend I saw the need to print a few years of my daughter for school and I have long broken printer. A very nice HP Laserjet that was fried by the grace of Iberdrola in my area has continued surge. When I called my insurance company said I should take to repair and had to write a technical report on the reasons for the break that once paid the bill the insurance company reimbursed me. Calling the service told me which if carried would repair them but the repairs would cost more than a new and clear, if the technical report, which they undertook to do, was not accepted by the insurance company I would be paying more for a printer repaired that a new one. Since I have no great need to print because the situation was in the air, not repair or buy new.

As the girl urged him to print his duty to return from vacation I took the memory lane of my printer ink. Using the trick of having the cartridges in the refrigerator so that I am not even going dry, as is the case, more than three years since the unpacking (I recommend the trick, put in a plastic bag with zip closure and let in the door in the area where you usually save the eggs or butter).

printer The printer was my principal when I was a PC with XP but then I caught the HP network connection and forget the ink only for printing in color. Okay, so I connect the Lexmark to my wife's PC with Windows 7 and by the installation CD. Surprise. Not supported in Windows 7. If in Vista, but not on Windows 7 and I have made several attempts at a low level and you know that my skills are good in these themes. Nothing to do. Well, no fear, I connect to my iMac and Lexmark by the installation CD. Surprise. Only supports up to version 10.5 of Mac OS X and I and I have the 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

A printer in perfect condition, with ammunition stored in the refrigerator well as the head of Walt Disney, but that has no driver or for Windows 7 or Snow Leopard. Coincidence? Let's see, are telling me that the 10.5 and the 10.6 or Vista and Windows 7 developers are so different that Lexmark could not get a version of the driver? No, the programmers are not the culprits. The culprit is planned obsolescence. As people like me who do not use enough so that the printer is "fault" as the documentary (watch it if you have not already seen) as manufacturers stop supporting their products.

A neighbor, ex-chief despite ex-partner and good friend to all that impressed me the duties of the child, but also recommended a shop in the polygon Europolis in Las Rozas de Madrid where he sold appliances and gadgets outlet. Outlet are products of past series, exhibitions, etc, which are sold at unbeatable prices and guaranteed for one year. London Street in the said estate have that store. Well I chose a color laser printer with ethernet connection LBP7200Cdn Canon model. Your PVP in stores is around 350 euros, is high end. To me it cost 99 euros, including cartridges.

Awesome right? For men, the problem is when I spent cartridges including it has 4, one black and three color and black-and costs 98 euros and 115 euros one color each. Indeed, more than 400 euros will cost me to reload the printer toner, or does the friend who introduced me to the store goes, buy another new outlet and go.

obsolescence. And the environment and resources of the planet, for that ... And the old woman away to finish in a landfill of Ghana, as in the documentary.

Hmmm ... "I have already recommended to see the wonderful documentary The 2? See it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment